Saturday, March 3, 2018

CTD482 and CASCSC261 Birdie Thank You


Happy Saturdayday, everyone!  I have a quick little clean-and-simple card today using the gorgeous color palette from Color Throwdown and the fun little sketch from CAS Colours and Sketches:


I have been searching for a stamp set from Lawn Fawn (Peace Joy Love) and finally found another stamper selling it from her stash! YAY!  Technically it's a Christmas set, but I set out to make a thank you card using some of the images and this is what I came up with:


I recently got an adorable BoBunny Felicity Collection 6x6 pad, and it had this sweet little kraft and pink paper that was perfect for the challenge colors!  I stamped my birds in white craft ink on Crumb Cake cardstock, then heat-embossed them with some white embossing powder; the heart was stamped in Versamark, then Blushing Bride ink and embossed with clear embossing powder on Powder Pink cardstock.  All three were easy to fussy-cut and I plopped them on top of a little gray branch:


I used my Smoky Slate Blend to color a pearl for a  subtle wee bit more prettiness!


Finally, I stamped a sentiment from Clearly Whimsy:


I really wanted to add another layer but since it is a CAS challenge, I resisted!  Thanks for popping in today--enjoy your day and be blessed!




Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Peace Joy Love  (Lawn Fawn), Ocean Journeys Sentiments (Clearly Whimsy)
Card stock & Papers     Thick Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Powder Pink, Felicity Collection (BoBunny)
 Ink White Craft, Versamark, Smoky Slate
Accessories Pearl
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Rectangle Dies (Lil Inkers), White and Clear Embossing Powders, Mini Dimensionals, Smoky Slate Stampin Blend

8 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

What cute DSP! Adding more to your stash ... you'll need another addition...lol.

stampwithsandy said...

Yay, so happy you found this set, LeAnne! I have a couple of discontinued stamp sets that I am stalking too, lol! This is so pretty, love how you used this set to make a non-Christmas card. I love the colors and the birds look great embossed in white. Pinning this right away!

karen h said...

Sweet card - love the soft romantic feel. Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

Lisa Elton said...

On now this is sweet! What cute little birds. I can see why you wanted the set. Cute photos of Cassidy. She's getting so tall!

Patricia Hays said...

The sweet birdies are terrific against the dainty polka dotted background. I love this card! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at CC&S! :)

Marsha Reed said...

Beautiful little love birds, LeAnne! Thanks for joining us at CAS Colours and Sketches. Marsha DT

Wei said...

Wow! The little birdies are so sweet, LeAnne! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

Heather Cooper said...

This is such a sweet card, LeAnne. It's CAS, but all the beautiful little details give you so much to look at and admire. I'm glad you found that stamp set!