Wednesday, September 3, 2014

MIM187

DSCF4942

Happy Wednesday, peeps!  It’s been a while since I’ve done a vintage-style card, and when the Make It Monday challenge at The Kraft Journal featured “ruffles”, I knew what I wanted to do!  Here you go:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Dictionary Everything Eleanor Stampin Up

I started with a card base of Lost Lagoon and stamped the Dictionary background stamp on it, sponging the edges for some depth.  I stamped the Dictionary stamp again, this time with Versamark ink,  within a little mask on a panel of Crumb Cake.  I sprinkled on Clear EP, heated it up, then sponged some craft white ink.  I added images from Kinda Eclectic and Everything Eleanor in Lost Lagoon, Sahara Sand and Stazon Black. 
For the “ru
ffle”, I punched a piece of Naturals Ivory with the eyelet punch, then distressed it with my bone folder and separated the fibers to create a thinner, more rustic piece of paper.  I crimped it, pleated it and then sewed it to my card.  I sewed a little piece of ribbon; added some Sweet Sadie washi tape, a couple of punched butterflies and finished it with a Very Vintage designer button.  The “So Thankful” sentiment is from Project Life’s Holiday Cheer.  I love these colors together!!!

DSCF4940-001

I am also entering this in the Shopping Your Stash challenge this week, which is to use your crimper!

A cereal box gives you a different view of things:

DSCF4929

And I thought you might like to see what greeted me the other morning when I went outside:

DSCF4885-001

I DO NOT like spiders, but I know they are good to have in the garden, so I just leave them alone!!!  This one caught some sort of bug right as I was taking the first photo, and a few hours later, this is what it looked like….all wrapped up!

DSCF4922

Enjoy your day!

20 comments:

Denise Willerton said...

LeAnne ~ I absolutely adore this card ~ wow!!!! love all the elements here...stunning!!! Enjoy your day and thanks for sharing :-)

Barbara said...

Absolutely...Positively...Amazing!!! I love your artistic talents and the photos that you take of your grand-daughter.
Barbara

Sherry said...

Such a Beautiful Vintage card LeAnne, I love it! I'm NOT loving that spider though.. I'm with you in that I don't like them at all but they do serve a purpose so long as they are outside! What kind of camera do you have, it takes great pictures!

Lisa Elton said...

I liiiike those ruffles LeAnne, this is fabulous!! ICK to the big ol spider but wow to it's amazing web LOL!!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Yikes that is a huge spider web....and spider. It gives me the shivers.
I love your vintage cards and this is no exception. Beautiful shades of blues and neutrals. I love the creative ruffle you created.

barb mann said...

LeAnne - I totally LOVE how you made this and how it turned out. I'm making note of your technique and hope to try it right away. You have such amazing ideas. TFS!

laurie said...

Really like that vintage card, it has alot of fun elements,from the lace to the button!

Kids and boxes...they have more fun with the ordinary than the more expensive toys!

Cheryl Mooney said...

Very creative card and fascinating photos!

stampwithsandy said...

LeAnne this card is gorgeous! I LOVE it! The ruffled paper and layered stamping are awesome!

Dawn Tidd said...

Wow! LeAnne, this card is absolutely stunning. I love all of your elements, the ruffle is gorgeous and all the distressing is amazing!

Linda Callahan said...

A total work of art! Wowza ..... The s/s/s is fabulous!

Karren said...

This is gorgeous! Those colors go so well together but even more I'm loving all the little details on this card. Fabulous!

June Houck said...

Such lovely stamping! A wonderful card.

Diane said...

Wonderful card! I like those colors together too. Ohh... Banana Spiders give me the willies too. Saw them now and then when I was a kid. Not much these days.

Donna said...

Fab card! Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash for the "Don't Crimp My Style" challenge!

Chana Malkah said...

Beautiful card and lovely techniques used to create it! Thanks so much for accepting the challenge this week at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana, DT

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi, LeAnne! This is honestly one of the cutest cards I've seen in a long time. It's SO creative, and just as sweet as can be. SUPER creative too. Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us this week in our RUFFLES challenge. I hope you will stop by again real soon.
Blessings to you,
Karen
The Kraft Journal

Karen Letchworth said...

Hello again......it's me Karen. I am so in love with your card, and blessed to see the amazing talent God has given you. I'd like to invite you to share your wonderful art in our challenges at Word Art Wednesday, a weekly Christian Challenge Blog where it' always Anything Goes and we offer great prizes each week. I'd really enjoy having you fellowship and share with us and just wanted to personally invite you. I hope to see you soon!
Blessings,
Karen Letchworth
Word Art Wednesday
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love this vintage style - I'm in awe. I find it so difficult to create myself! Just gorgeous.

With crafts and lace said...

Just lovely!